There’s a progression of August 2018 fixes under the wide heading ‘Microsoft Office Defense in Depth refresh’ which is by all accounts darken imperative changes in Outlook 2010 through 2016.
ADV180021 is called “Microsoft Office Defense in Depth Update” and “Microsoft has launched a refresh for Microsoft Office that gives upgraded security as a protection in depth measure”. You can more information from www.office.com/setup.
Every one of that discloses to us nothing, ‘defense in depth’ sounds noteworthy however little else.
Microsoft Outlook 2016 change
Actually, there’s a critical change for Outlook 2016/Outlook 365 clients.
In case you’re making a carefully marked, rights-ensured, or encrypted email message, now you can’t add cloud documents as attachments to the email.
The workaround is to make a duplicate of the cloud-put away document at that point email the duplicate.
What do those updates do or settle?
It depends. In Outlook 2010 it just fixes this issue.
Progression CRM usefulness is blocked except if you empower all wandering organizer landing pages by utilizing the EnableRoamingFolderHomepages registry enter that is archived in the accompanying article:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Outlook can’t render website pages in the wake of introducing the October 2017 Microsoft Outlook security refresh. Get additional information from office.com/setup.
Be that as it may, in Microsoft Outlook 2016 it covers that CRM issue in addition to significantly more issues, both security and non-security. It likewise acquaints another expression with the Microsoft dictionary: cloudy attachments.
- “With this refresh introduced, MS Outlook 2016 confines clients from adding cloud documents as connections to carefully marked, rights-ensured, or scrambled email messages. In the event that you attempt to send such email messages, the email messages can’t be sent, and an exchange box tells you why it can’t be sent. For this situation, you would need to evacuate the connections or append the cloud documents as a duplicate.
- Include interpretations in all languages for Microsoft Outlook 2016 refresh that limits the client from adding shady attachments to carefully marked, rights secured, or scrambled messages. (This is identified with that issue that is portrayed in the past slug.)
- This refresh enhances interpretations of first, middle and last names marks in French to ensure that the importance is precise.
- This refresh fixes a potential crash in on in third-party MAPI applications.
- The Microsoft Outlook 2016 may, in any case, begin in Offline mode despite the fact that you set it to begin in online mode.
- Accept that you sign in to Outlook 2016 by utilizing a record that doesn’t utilize the advanced confirmation in Windows 10. The Security Support Provider Interface (SSPI) verification provokes will some of the time show up behind different windows, and it is out of reach by the console. See KB 4032226 for more data.
– Include interpretations in all languages for the customer settle that tends to an issue where the verification provokes would once in a while show up behind different windows and might be out of reach to the client.
Still need more information? Visit office.com/setup or Microsoft’s official website.